Dr. James Zachariah Pulimuttil
MS FACS, FICS, FMAS, FACRSI, Fellowship in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. (TAIWAN) Specialist General Surgeon- (Bariatric, Metabolic & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery)
Specialist General Surgeon- (Bariatric, Metabolic & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery)
- Dr. James Zachariah graduated in medicine in 1984 and has 28 years of surgical experience following his surgical residency in 1992, from Christian Medical Colleges - Vellore and Ludhiana, where he also worked as a surgical faculty.
- FELLOWSHIP IN BARIATRIC (OBESITY) SURGERY - 2015 - TAIWAN (AWARD WINNER).
- FELLOWSHIP IN COLORECTAL SURGERY - 2014 - INDIA (FACRSI).
- Dr. Zachariah, received the AWARD of OUTSTANDING INTERNATIONAL BARIATRIC FELLOW 2015, at Taiwan, for his excellent work and contribution in the field. He was trained in Bariatric Surgery in Asia Pacific Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, MIN-SHENG HOSPITAL, TAIWAN under Dr. Wei-Jei Lee, a world renowned Bariatric and Metabolic surgeon. He has more than 19 years of experience in Laparoscopic surgery and does primary and revisional bariatric procedures including upper GI endoscopies, regularly.
- Dr. Zachariah has done considerable research in bariatric and metabolic surgery and has published several papers in the international journals as a first author and co-author and has also presented several papers in the international bariatric surgery conferences.
- Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital, Dr. Zachariah was the Head of Dept, of General and Laparoscopic Surgery in Care Hospital, Vizag, India.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy FOR OBESITY. (HIDDEN SCAR TECHNIQUE)
- Laparoscopic -Gastric Bypass FOR OBESITY.. ( HIDDEN SCAR TECHNIQUE)
- METABOLIC SURGERY FOR THE TREATMENT OF UNCONTROLLED TYPE 2 DIABETES
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery -(Inguinal, Incisional And Umbilical) Laparoscopic Surgery For Gall Stone Diseases, CBD Exploration Laparoscopic Colectomies (Large bowel surgery)
- Thyroid Surgery - MIVATS ( Key Hole Thyroid Surgery).
Research / Publications
- Compared to Sleeve Gastrectomy, Duodenal–Jejunal Bypass with Sleeve Gastrectomy Gives Better Glycemic Control in T2DM Patients, with a Lower β-Cell Response and Similar Appetite Sensations: Mixed-Meal Study (FIRST AUTHOR, Obesity Surgery 2016 :26 (12): 2862-2872)
- Laparo-Endoscopic Gastrostomy (LEG) drainage in the management of Gastric leak following Sleeve Gastrectomy. FIRST AUTHOR, Obesity Surgery 2015, Nov; 25(11):2213-8.
- Response to the Comment: Laparo-Endoscopic Gastrostomy (LEG) drainage in the management of Gastric leak following Sleeve Gastrectomy. FIRST AUTHOR, Obesity Surgery - 2016 Mar; 26(3):622-3.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma Encountered during Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery: Two Case Reports and Discussion. (FIRST AUTHOR, J Gastroenterol Res 2017, 1(2):63-66.
- Preoperative Prediction of Type 2 Diabetes Remission after Gastric Bypass Surgery: A Comparison of Diarem Scores and ABCD Scores. (CO-AUTHOR, Obesity Surgery 2016 ;26 (10): 2418-2424).
- ABCD score in predicting the long term remission of T2DM following Metabolic Surgery (IFSO- APC 2015, S. Korea) - paper presentation
- Metabolic surgery in non-obese Asian T2DM patients. (IFSO-APC 2015, S. Korea) - paper presentation
- Gastric Bypass surgery in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus- A case report. (IFSO- APC 2015, S. Korea) - paper presentation.