Rheumatology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with the management of Rheumatic Diseases which are diseases of the musculoskeletal system requiring medical management, It is accompanied by pain, stiffness or limitation of motion of these parts. This field is multidisciplinary in nature, which means it relies on close relationships with other medical specialties.
Rheumatologists deal mainly with clinical problems involving joints, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, vasculitis and heritable connective tissue disorders.
Early diagnosis and treatment of :
- Rheumatic Diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis (R A) , Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) , Sponndyloarthritis ( Ankylosing Spondylitis, Enteropathic Arthritis, Reactive Arthritis, Scleroderma )
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Vasculitis and related conditions (Behcet’s Disease and others)
- Anti-phospholipid Syndrome (females has recurrent attacks of abortions where cause is unknown, these cases can be referred by Gynecologists)
- Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Syndrome
- Joints Diseases: Osteoarthritis, Gout and Crystal Induced Arthritis, Infective Arthritis
- Bones Diseases : Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Rickets and Other Metabolic Bones Diseases related to Vitamin D Deficiency
- Muscles Diseases : Polymyositis, Muscles Sprain and Strain
- Soft Tissue Rheumatism ( Tendonitis, Tenosynovitis, Overuse Syndromes – Computer Related Symptoms)
- Heel Pain (Calcaneal Spur, Plantar Fasciitis, etc)
- Inflammatory and Mechanical Back and Neck Pain
N.B: Biologic injections and infusions – the latest, advanced and most important treatment of Arthritis (like Humira, Enbrel, Actemra, Remicade, etc) are given in our department
Other Facilities :
- Bone Densitometry Imaging (DEXA) to detect early Osteoporosis for all females at risk to prevent fractures.
- Intra-articular injections