Dr. Nidha Iqbal Shapoo
MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology)(AIIMS), SCE(MRCP-UK) Oncology
- Dr Nidha worked as Specialist Medical Oncology in Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah before joining Zulekha Hospital.
- She was also associated with Gulf Medical University, Ajman and worked as Lecturer of Medical Oncology, College of Medicine as well as Specialist Medical Oncology in Thumbay Hospital, Dubai for three years.
- She woked as Senior Specialist Medical Oncology for six months in Sultan Qaboos University Hopsital, Oman.
- She also has two years of experience as an Assistant Consultant Medical Oncology in Comprehensive Cancer Center, King Fahad Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- One year experience as an Associate Consultant Medical Oncology, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Clinical Fellow (D.M.) Medical Oncology All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India - July 2012-July 2015
- Registrar Medical Oncology: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India. April 2011- June 2012
- Screening, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer specially young breast cancer, hereditary breast cancer, breast cancer in pregnancy and addressing fertility issues in breast cancer patients.
- Diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer.
- Screening, diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer.
- Diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer specially in females and non-smokers.
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue sarcoma, lymphoma and CML.
- Immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
Research / Publications
- Iqbal N, Shukla NK, Deo SV, Agarwala S, Sharma DN, Sharma MC, Bakhshi S. Non-rhabdomyosarcomatous abdominopelvic sarcomas: Analysis of prognostic factors. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2016 Apr-Jun;37(2):100-5.
- Iqbal N, Sharma A, Shukla N, Mohanti BK, Deo SV, Sahni P, Pal S, Pathy S, Raina V, Kumar L. Advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors: 10-years’ experience from a tertiary care centre. Trop Gastroenterol. 2015 Jul-Sep;36(3):168-73.
- Gogia A, Iqbal N, Sharma MC, Raina V. Isolated Richter's transformation of brain parenchyma: Remission with DeAngelis protocol. Indian J Cancer. 2015 Jul-Sep;52(3):329-30.
- Iqbal N, Shukla NK, Deo SV, Agarwala S, Sharma DN, Sharma MC, Bakhshi S. Prognostic factors affecting survival in metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: an analysis of 110 patients. Clin Transl Oncol. 2015 doi: 10.1007/s12094-015-1369-9.
- Iqbal N, Sharma A, Iqbal N. Clinicopathological and treatment analysis of 13 extragastrointestinal stromal tumors of mesentery and retroperitoneum. Ann Gastroenterol. 2014; 28(1):27: 105-108.
- Iqbal N ,Raina V. Successful Treatment of Disseminated Subcutaneous Panniculitis-Like T-Cell Lymphoma with Single Agent Oral Cyclosporine as a First Line Therapy. Case Rep Dermatol Med. 2014; 2014:201836. doi: 10.1155/2014/201836. Epub 2014 Nov 23.
- Iqbal N, Sharma A, Raina V, Kumar L, Bakhshi S, Kumar R, Gajendra S. Poor Response to Standard Chemotherapy in Early T-precursor (ETP)-ALL: A Subtype of T-ALL Associated with Unfavourable Outcome: A Brief Report. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2014;30 (4):215-8. doi: 10.1007/s12288-013-0329-1. Epub 2014 Jan 19.
- Iqbal N, Iqbal N. Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) in Cancers: Overexpression and Therapeutic Implications. Mol Biol Int. 2014; 2014:852748. doi: 10.1155/2014/852748. Epub 2014 Sep 7.
- Iqbal N, Kumar L, Iqbal N. Update on salvage options in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma after autotransplant. ISRN Oncol. 2014; 2014:605691. doi: 10.1155/2014/605691.
- Gogia A, Raina V, Iqbal N, Murugan V. Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a patient of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2014;35 (1):120. doi: 10.4103/0971-5851.133740.
- Iqbal N, Iqbal N. Imatinib: A Breakthrough of Targeted Therapy in Cancer. Chemother Res Pract. 2014; 2014:357027. doi: 10.1155/2014/357027. Epub 2014 May 19.
- Kumar L, Iqbal N, Mookerjee A, Verma RK, Sharma OD, Batra A, Pramanik R, Gupta R. Complete response after autologous stem cell transplant in multiple myeloma. Cancer Med. 2014;3 (4):939-46.
- Iqbal N, Sharma A. Cerebral venous thrombosis: a mimic of brain metastases in colorectal cancer associated with a better prognosis. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2013; 2013:109412. doi: 10.1155/2013/109412. Epub 2013 Jun 13.