Dr. Maged Abulmagd
European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine, MD (Critical care Medicine)-Cairo University
Consultant Intensivist (Head of ICU)
- Dr. Maged has more than 15 years of experience in Intensive Care and Critical Care Medicine.
- He was a teaching faculty member of Critical Care Medicine for 8 years and worked as a Resident – Critical care Medicine for 3 years at Cairo University, Egypt.
- He also worked as a Critical Care Medicine Supervisor for the Ministry of Health (MOH) Egypt.
- Dr. Maged has been working as a Consultant Intensivist for 5 years now, which includes 3 years in Jeddah (Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital and Dr. Erfan Hospital) and 2 years in Egypt at Dar Alfouad Hospital.
- Management of critically ill patients (medical and surgical)
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Management of multiple trauma patients
Research / Publications
- Pulmonary artery catheter versus central venous catheter in adult respiratory distress syndrome.
- Enteral versus parenteral nutrition in mechanically ventilated patients.
- Propofol versus midazolam for sedation in mechanically ventilated ICU patients.
- Quality indicators in our ICU, a tool for improvement.
- Comparison between surgical tracheostomy and percutaneous tracheostomy in critically ill patients.