The endocrinology department at Zulekha Hospital provides complete care to patients using a multidisciplinary approach for the evaluation, management and education of patients with gestational, type one and type two diabetes. A patient with a chronic disease is treated with the inputs from all relevant specialties like nephrology, neurology, pathology, ophthalmology, gynaecology, general surgery etc.
The department has a special clinic for diabetes, endocrinology, metabolism and genetics that deals with:
- All types of diabetes (1, 2, gestational, other specific types) with comprehensive counselling about diabetes management, nutrition counselling, free diabetes education sessions, management of its associated complications through a multidisciplinary team.
- Cases of endocrine hypertension.
- Lipid disorders.
- Management of obesity through a multidisciplinary team and referral of indicated cases for bar iatric surgeries.
- Treatment of postmenopausal ladies who have troublesome hot flashes.
- Screening and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Treatment of young ladies with abnormal facial hair growth, and cycle irregularities (the PCOS syndrome).
- Management of thyroid disorders including hypothyroids and thyroid nodules).
- Management of pituitary and adrenal disorders.
- Management of patients with growth and puberty problems (short stature, delayed puberty and precocious puberty).
- Management of specific endocrine syndromes like turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome.
- Hormone assays by Chemiluminescence and immunoradiometry.
- Endocrine scintigraphy.
- Selective endocrine venous catheter sampling for precise localization of endocrine neoplasm.