Ms. Eman Abdullah Yousef
BSN Diabetes education COURSE certified from Leicester University, UK, Diabetes Conversation map (American Diabetes Association) course. Insulin pump certified Diabetes Educator
- Prior to joining Zulekha hospital , Ms Eman has worked in various government hospitals in Egypt (Mansoura University Hospital) and UAE (UAQ hospital, University Hospital Sharjah).
- As a Diabetes educator she is responsible to modify patient’s life style to control their blood glucose level by Providing Diabetes self-management education for Type 1, type 2, GDM, and Obesity, pre-Diabetes for inpatient and out patients.
- Her role involves Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate the individual and group education for adult, paediatric, their families and care provider , In conjunction with the Dietetic department.
- She also provides nutritional counselling for Diabetes, weight control and disease management , Educate and complete the screening for Diabetes complication to control Blood pressure, Lipids, kidney function, Ophthalmologist referral, foot screening for prevention of Diabetes complication .
- Follow up the cases till control of HBA1C and blood glucose level ,Collaborates with the Multi-disciplinary team and acts as patient advocate to ensure quality care is delivered , Work with new technologies which can help in improve the management include SMBG meters, Free style libre, I port, CGM(Ipro) , Insulin pump.