An efficient and reliable laboratory enhances the standard of care in every department. With the help of most modern analysers and well qualified personnel our laboratory provides all divisions of modern clinical laboratory like: Services offered
Our Pathology Laboratory at Zulekha Hospital Sharjah is one among the first few hospital based laboratories in the United Arab Emirates to be accredited by the College of American Pathologists in the year 2012 (considered as the gold standard for quality in laboratory services). We provide referring doctors and patients, a comprehensive selection of diagnostic laboratory tests and services and operate 24 hours a day. All routine in-house laboratory reports are completed in 4 hours and stat reports are completed in 1 hour. Reporting is done online and also available on the internet for patients to see (password access).
Zulekha Hospital laboratory offers automated solutions for the clinical chemistry, haematology, microbiology, immunology and general pathology sections. This enables them to perform more than 90% of the tests in real-time. The laboratory is directed by an experienced consultant pathologist. With a team of skilled personnel, modern equipment, technology and support system, the laboratory strives to continually improve its processes. We have strived to benchmark ourselves with international standards and best practices, thus ensuring satisfaction and service excellence at all times.
The laboratory is staffed by adequate number of employees including consultants, specialists, clinical scientists, quality assurance specialists, technical staff, and auxiliary staff. Pathologists and technical staff are licensed by the MOH. Our clinical laboratory staffs are well experienced in their field. The patient population served by the pathology laboratory consists of new born, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pregnant patients seeking care at Zulekha hospitals.
Our Pathology Laboratory adheres to the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines (CLSI) for most of its procedures. In addition, the department follows a host of laboratory standards and clinical practice guidelines listed below:
- Cytology and immunohistochemistry.
- All kinds of routine and specialized laboratory investigations on blood, urine, stool, body fluids, tissues and cells.
- Immuno-fluorescence of skin and renal biopsy and frozen section facility.
- Strict quality control procedures which includes internal and external quality control programmes.
- Conducts routine as well as specialized investigations for samples from outside.
- Laboratory services are available 365 days of the year.
- State-of-the-art laboratory having latest fully automated equipment.
- Experienced and qualified technologist working under the supervision of specialist in general pathology, clinical chemistry, microbiology and histopathology.
- A wide range of diagnostic tests available in the field of clinical chemistry, endocrinology, infectious diseases, hematology, microbiology and anatomic pathology.
- The laboratory services are available to in-patients, OPD, walk-in and referred patients at a reasonable cost in an optimum time frame.
- Complex and esoteric tests are out-sourced to advanced referral laboratories in India, Germany and France.
- Quality of laboratory work is reviewed by peer groups across the world due to participation in a wide range of quality control programs.
- Confidentiality, care and education of patients are a hallmark of laboratory services.