Dr. Shahira Ibrahim Abdelmagid
PhD Pediatrics Ain Shams University, Egypt, JCI Quality Management &Patient Safety Diploma, MSc Pediatrics, Cairo University, Egypt
- Dr Shahira has over 26 years of experience in clinical care, teaching and research in Pediatric Medicine. Prior joining Zulekha Hospital, she worked as Senior Pediatric Consultant at Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt.
- She specializes in general pediatrics with special focus on pediatric intensive care, pediatric infectious diseases and vaccination.
- Dr. Shahira served as Pediatric Consultant in Egyptian Ministry of Defense Hospitals where she did her specialization in Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine. She practiced Neonatology & Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine in Soliman Fakeeh Hospital, Saudi Arabia.
- She was the head of Pediatric Re-vaccination Clinic for Pediatric Malignancy Survivors at the Children’s Cancer Hospital. Dr Shahira has led the COVID Isolation Unit in Children’s Cancer Hospital during the pandemic; supervising multidisciplinary medical, nursing and allied health care teams.
- Dr Shahira has completed a JCI Quality Improvement Project “Decrease in rate of ventilator-associated pneumonia in Medical Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Children’s Cancer Hospital, Egypt, 57357 as part of JCI Quality Management & Patient Safety Diploma.
- She had the honor of working as a lecturer in the Pediatric Oncology Residency Fellowship Program in affiliation with Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital, TN, USA. Dr Shahira also worked as a lecturer in ongoing Nursing Research Program “Critical Care Program at Children’s Cancer Hospital”.
- General Pediatrics with special focus on Pediatric Intensive Care
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Vaccination
- Health Education and counseling parents