Dr. Saranya Devi
MBBS MD DNB FICO
- Dr. Saranya has over 8 years of experience as a Specialist Ophthalmologist. Prior joining to Zulekha Hospital she worked at Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Chennai, India. She specializes in Cornea, Squint and Neuro-Ophthalmology from AIIMS.
- Dr. Saranya completed her Residency at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India, one of the world's renowned institutions. She has worked in prestigious institutions such as Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRIHER), MIOT International in India. She was also awarded Fellow of International Council of Ophthalmologists (FICO), UK.
- Dr Saranya Devi has sound knowledge and experience in the surgical management of cataract, refractive errors and strabismus. She has published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals and presented in multiple national and international conferences.
- Cataract surgery (toric IOL and multifocal IOL)
- Corneal transplantation
- Keratoconus management- contact lens fitting, Corneal crosslinking
- Research work in Scleral Fixation and Intra Ocular Lens Implantation in patient with inadequate capsular support.
- Refractive surgery - PRK, LASIK
- Pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft
- Pediatric eye examination
- Squint surgery -adult and pediatric
- Amblyopia management , Vision therapy
- Pediatric cataract surgery
- Ocular trauma and emergencies
- Intravitreal injections
- Medical management of glaucoma
- Laser treatment for anterior segment disease
- Neuro-Ophthalmology services
- Investigative Ophthalmology
Research / Publications:
- Gupta V, Devi K S et al. Risk of perimetric blindness among juvenile glaucoma patients. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2015 Mar;35(2):206-11
- Devi S, Ganger A, Sharma S, Saxena R. Sphenoid mucocele with unusual panhypopituitarism.BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Apr 5;2016.
- Ganger A, Devi S, Gupta N, Vanathi M, Tandon R. Ocular surface squamous neoplasia masquerading as peripheral ulcerative keratitis. Trop Doct. 2017 Jul;47(3):233-236.
- Mishra, A., Devi, S., Saxena, R., Gupta, N., Kabra, M., & Chowdhury, M. R. (2017). Frequency of primary mutations of Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy patients in North Indian population. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 65(11), 1156–1160.
- Meel, R., Dhiman, R., Vanathi, M., Pushker, N., Tandon, R., & Devi, S. (2017). Clinicodemographic profile and treatment outcome in patients of ocular surface squamous neoplasia. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 65(10), 936–941.
- Dhiman R, Devi S, Duraipandi K, et al. Cysticercosis of the eye. International Journal of Ophthalmology. 2017;10(8):1319-1324.
- Meel R, Devi S, Ganger A, S M, Pushker N. Isolated severe microblepharon in a neonate: a rare case. Int Ophthalmol. 2017 Aug 12.
- Singh A, Vanathi M, Sahu S, Devi S. Intraoperative OCT assisted descemetopexy with stromal vent incisions and intracameral gas injection for case of non-resolving Descemet's membrane detachment. BMJ Case Rep. 2017 Jan 6;2017.