Dr. Sameh Mohammed Ahmed Aboamer
Medical Doctorate (MD; PHD) Degree of Surgical Oncology, European Board of Surgical Oncology (EBSQ), Master Degree (MSc) of Surgical Oncology, MB., BCH
Consultant Surgical Oncology
- Dr. Sameh Aboamer has extensive experience in the different fields of surgical oncology, cancer prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis, surgical procedures, multidisciplinary management of different types of cancers, and reconstructive & oncoplastic procedures for the best management and cosmetic outcomes, quality of life and follow up protocols.
- He has been working in the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Cairo University, in the rank of Assistant Lecturer and then Lecturer of Surgical Oncology and also worked in Agouza police hospital and the medical services sector hospitals of the Ministry of Interior, Egypt.
- Dr. Sameh has served as a Consultant of Surgical Oncology in Kuwait Cancer Control Center (KCCC) under the Ministry of Health, Kuwait.
- He has alos worked with the Cancer Center of Princess Margret Hospital and the University Health Network (UHN), Canada, a Canadian partnership with KCCC.
- Dr. Sameh holds a Medical Doctorate (MD) degree of surgical oncology from National Cancer Institute of Cairo University and European Board of Surgical Oncology (EBSQ), Brusseles, Belgium
- Breast cancer
- Head and Neck cancers
- Gynecological Oncology and Genito-urinary Oncology
- Colo-rectal cancers
- GIT cancers
- Skin, Soft Tissue Sarcomas
Research / Publications
- Controversies in the management of Cancer Head of Pancreas. Garrer WY, El Badawy AM, Saber TK, Abo Amer SM. Controversies in Management of Cancer Head of Pancreas. Philadelphia.edu.jo. 2009; DDC NO. 11685528.
- Timing of surgery after Neoadjuvant chemo-radiotherapy in locally advanced rectal cancer. Garrer WY, El Hossieny HA, Gad ZS, Namour AE, Abo Amer SM. Appropriate Timing of Surgery after Neoadjuvant ChemoRadiation Therapy for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016; 17(9):4381-4389. Available online on PubMed.
- Author of the medical book: (Cancer prevention and management).
- Author of several articles in many scientific journals published by the Arab center for Health sciences writing and translation., for example:
- The Surgical Oncology
- Recent Advances in cancer management: series of articles by cancer types.
- Thyroid gland cancer
- The Arabic version of musculoskeletal tumors textbook, published by the Arab center for Health sciences writing and translation.
- Presentation in National and International meetings:
- The benefits of Neoadjuvant Therapy – Oncosurgeon perspective: (HER2+ Early Breast Cancer: The Multi-disciplinary approach to Patient care") scientiﬁc meeting held on Tuesday, October 20th, 2020.
- Mucosal Melanoma of the Head and Neck (Kuwait Cancer Control Center scientiﬁc conference).
- Update on Management of Esophageal Cancer (Kuwait Cancer Control Center scientiﬁc conference).
- Pathology and Management of Ovarian Cancer (Kuwait Cancer Control Center scientiﬁc conference).
- Complete Response after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation in low rectal cancer: What to do? (Presentation in the 4th Workshop on Colo-Rectal Cancer Surgery, with Professor Bill Heald, UK, Kuwait, 13th -17th January, 2013).
- Management of Post-Operative Colo-Vesical Fistula (Kuwait Cancer Control Center scientiﬁc conference).
- Diagnosis, Prevention and Management of Post-Operative Pelvic Abscess. (Kuwait Cancer Control Center scientiﬁc conference).
- Breast Cancer Awareness, Screening and Early Detection. (Kuwait University).