Dr. Bharadwaj Ponnada
MBBS,MD(Internal Medicine),DM (Medical Oncology)
Specialist Medical Oncology
- Dr. Bharadwaj has received his master degree from the Prestigious Institute: Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala, India. Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital Dubai he has worked in HCG Cancer Centre (HealthCare Global Enterprises Ltd.), one of the largest chains of cancer hospitals in India.
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecological malignancies
- Gastrointestinal malignancies
- Hematological malignancies
- Thoracic malignancies
- Genitourinary malignancies
- Pediatric malignancies
- Head and neck malignancies
- Autologous stem cell transplantation
- Immune-oncology and preventive oncology.
Research / Publications
- The value of low, fixed, single-dose rasburicase in the prevention and treatment of tumour lysis syndrome. JCO.2019May20; 37 (15_suppl):e18558.
- A prospective study of the impact of chemotherapy-related toxicities on the quality of life in elderly patients with cancer. JCO 2019 May20; 37(15_suppl)–e23013.
- Rising thyroid cancer incidence in Kerala: Is it real or overdiagnosis? JCO. 2019 May 20; 37 (15_suppl):e17589–e17589.
- Correlation of serum PIVKA-II and AFP level with portal vein tumour thrombus and BCLC stage in newly diagnosed hepatocellular carcinoma patients P. JCO. 2020 May 20; 38 (15_suppl): e16608–e16608.
Recognition /Clinical Trials Experience
- He has secured a gold medal for being the best outgoing student while pursuing MD.
- He has served as a principal investigator for numerous clinical trials, and a few of them include
- Phase III, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicentre Study of Transarterial Chemoembolisation (TACE) in Combination with either Durvalumab Monotherapy or Durvalumab plus Bevacizumab Therapy in Patients with Locoregional Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Phase II Clinical Trial of NRC-2694-A in Recurrent or Metastatic HNSCC.
- Phase IIb/III, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicentre, Study of CA-170 in Combination with Chemotherapy and Radiation in Patients with Unresectable Stage III or IVa Non-Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (ASIAD-2).
- Randomised, Multiple-dose, Multicentre, Comparative Parallel Study to Evaluate the Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic, Efficacy and Safety of Subcutaneous Injection of Denosumab (Hetero) and Reference Medicinal Product (Denosumab, Amgen Inc.) in patients with bone metastases from solid tumours.
- Prospective, multicentre, randomised, double-blind Phase III study to compare the efficacy and safety of Biosimilar Bevacizumab of Enzene Biosciences Ltd. Versus Innovator Bevacizumab both in Combination with CAPEOX in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancers.