Dr. Anantha Narayanan Kasinathan
DM Pediatric Neurology, MD Pediatrics, MBBS
Specialist Pediatric Neurology
- Dr.Ananthanarayanan completed his medical school from Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research in 2010 and the pediatric training at the prestigious Madras Medical College, Chennai, India in 2014. He pursued his interest in Pediatric Neurology and completed his three year DM training from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India. He also completed one month observership under Professor Simon Harvey in the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Royal Children Hospital, Melbourne.
- Dr.Ananthanarayanan has six years' experience in Pediatric Neurology. He worked as an Assistant Professor in the department of Pediatrics at Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, a reputed premier institute of National Importance in India. He was in charge of the pediatric epilepsy and neurodevelopmental clinic with an average footfall of 800 per month.
- Neonatal Neurological Disorders
- Childhood Epilepsy
- Status Epilepticus To Long Term Care Of Chronic Neurological Disorders
- Acute Critical Care Neurology and Neurodevelopmental Disorders like Cerebral Palsy and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Research / Publications
Dr.Ananthanarayanan has many national and international publications and presentations to his credit. He has authored few chapters on pediatric neurology in books released in India. He has more than 60 publications to his credit such as
- Intensive care unit-acquired weakness in children: A prospective observational study using simplified serial electrophysiological testing. Neurocritical care PMID:33025545
- Evaluation of Optic Nerve sheath diameter and Transcranial Doppler as non-invasive tools to detect raised intracranial pressure in children. Pediatric Critical Care PMID:32852360
- Evaluation of Auditory spectral resolution abilities in children with benign epilepsy with centrotemporal spikes using spectral temporally modulated ripple test. Epilepsy Behaviour PMID: 33268014
- Efficacy and tolerability of fenfluramine in patients with Dravet syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Seizure journal PMID:33461030
- Comparison of five different electrophysiological criteria for childhood guillain barre syndrome Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology doi:10.4103/aian.AIAN_721_20
- Analysis of 262 children with scrub typhus infection: a single center experience. American Journal of tropical medicine and hygiene PMID: 33219642
- Zinc status and febrile seizures: Results form a cross sectional study. Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice PMID: 33144797
- Atypical handedness and its clinic radiological predictors in children with focal epilepsy Epilepsy research PMID: 33813361
- Clinico-radiological profile of childen with pontocerebellar hypoplasia. Journal Of Pediatric Neurosciences PMID: 33042238
- How different is AMAN from AIDP in childhood GBS? A prospective study from North India. Indian Journal of Pediatrics PMID: 30637680