Dr Mohammed Moinuddin Nawazi
MBBS, MD, DNB Nephrology
Adult Nephrology and Renal transplantation
- Dr. Moinuddin has over 11 years of medical experience in General Medicine and Nephrology. Prior to joining Zulekha Hospital he worked as a Consultant Nephrologist in Max Smart Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Dr. Moinuddin started his practice at the General Medicine department of Dr B.R Ambedkar Medical College & Hospital, India. He worked as an Internal Medicine Registrar at Apollo Hospital, Bangalore. He did his Super Specialization through NBE Residency Program in Adult Nephrology and Renal Transplantation at Narayana Hrudayalaya Health City, India. He is a member of American Society of Nephrology and has attended several national and state level conferences, workshops and CMEs as a delegate.
- Dr Moinuddin completed his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. He accomplished MD in General Medicine and Super Specialization in Adult Nephrology and Renal Transplantation from Narayana Health City - Bangalore, India.
- Diabetic kidney disease, hypertension
- Renal transplant and its complications
- AKI (Acute kidney injury)
- CKD (Chronic kidney disease)
- Kidney stones
- ADPKD (Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease)
- Glomerular and Reno vascular diseases
- Nephrotic syndromes
- Autoimmune and malignancy related kidney diseases (SLE, Myeloma, vasculitis)
- CKD- MBD (chronic kidney disease-mineral and bone disorder)
- Anemia of chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Genetic kidney diseases and Pregnancy related renal disorders.
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Modified liver dialysis and Cytokine filtration
- Skilled in USG guided Temporary Hemodialysis catheters
- Tunnelled HD (Permacath) catheters
- USG (ultrasound or sonogram or ultrasonogram) guided native and transplant renal biopsies
- Percutaneous Peritoneal dialysis catheter insertions
Research / Publications:-
- A Rare Case of Angioimmunoblastic Lymphoma: A Report; Indian Journal of Clinical Practice Vol. 24, No. 6. No. 6
- Evaluation of Symptomatic Peripheral Neuropathy in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and its Correlation with Other Microvascular Complications. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; Volume 2. Issue 32, August 10 2015: Page: 4807 – 4821. DOI: 10. 18410/jebmh/2015/673 3
- P 445 Detection of myocardial fibrosis in asymptomatic patients on renal replacement therapy A Pudhiavan VIMAL Raj, RICHA Kothari, R Sripad Bhat, K. V. Shrikanth, M D Moinuddin Nawazi, European Heart Journal – Cardiovascular Imaging. Volume 20. Issue Supplement_2. June 2019, jez1 18.032, DOI: 10.1093/ehjci/jez118.032
- A Prespective observation study of prevalence of iron overload by quantitative Hepatic MRI in maintenance hemodialysis patients on intravenous iron and its correlation with incidence of infections – under review for publication.
Thesis on Diabetic Neuropathy and Evaluation of Iron overload through Hepatic MRI in CKD stage 5 patients during residency programs and has been published in the below mentioned National and International Newspaper.