Dr. Sathish Kandasamy
MBBS, MD, DNB (Radiology), DM (Interventional Radiology)
Specialist Interventional Radiology
- Dr Satish has over seven years of experience in the field of advanced Therapeutic Neurointerventions in various brain and spinal vascular disorder and peripheral vascular interventions. He has good experience in neuro-interventional procedures, with expertise in diagnosing & treating complex neurovascular malformations like acute stroke, aneurysms, AVM, DAVF, and Carotid stenosis. He also specialises in peripheral vascular interventions like angioplasty, stenting, and image (USG/CT) guided non vascular interventions.
- Prior to joining to Zulekha Hospital Dr Sathish worked in various hospital and medical centres in India that includes Royalcare Super Speciality Hospital and GKNM Hospital. He has also served as Senior Registrar – Radiology in JIPMER, Puducherry and in Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
- Dr Sathish earned his MD Radiology from Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), and DM Neuroradiology from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST). He completed his DNB Radio Diagnosis, NBE from New Delhi. He obtained his MBBS degree from Tirunelveli Govt Medical College, Tirunelveli.
Endo Vascular treatment of:
- Acute Stroke (Mechanical Thrombectomy/ Intra-arterial thrombolysis/ rescue stenting)
- Aneurysm Coiling, balloon assisted, stent assisted. Flow diverter placement.
- Cerebral AVM/ AVF Embolization- Cranial dural AVF, cerebral Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)/Pial AVF
- Spinal Vascular Malformation- spinal dural AVF, Spinal Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)/AVF
- Carotid/ vertebral artery Stenting
Peripheral Vascular Interventions
- Peripheral vascular disease - Angioplasty and stenting
- Bronchial artery embolization for hemoptysis
- Uterine artery embolization for PPH and fibroids
- Tumor embolization
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) for Liver tumors (Hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Acute limb ischemia (Thrombectomy and/or Intra-arterial thrombolysis)
- Acute gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Venous interventions for Budd-Chiari syndrome
- IVC filter placement for DVT.
- Varicose vein treatment - Laser / RFA
- Image guided (USG/ CT) guided FNAC/ Trucut Biopsy
- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD) and Antegrade biliary stenting
- Percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN) and Antegrade DJ stenting
- Radiofrequency ablation for Liver/ lung tumors
Research / Publications
- Kandasamy S, Kannath SK, Enakshy Rajana J, Kesavadas C, Thomas B. Non-invasive angiographic analysis of dural carotid cavernous fistula using time-of-flight MR angiography and silent MR angiography: a comparative study. Acta Radiologica. 2022 May 9:02841851221097462.
- Padhi R, Kandasamy S, Gnanashanmugam G, Kocer N, Kramadhari H. Mechanical Thrombectomy in Takayasu Arteritis by Direct Carotid Puncture. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2022 Feb 28:1-3.
- Kandasamy S. An unusual presentation of COVID-19: acute pancreatitis. Annals of Hepato-biliary-pancreatic Surgery. 2020; 24(4):539–41.
- Kandasamy S, Govindarajalou R, Chakkalakkoombil SV, Penumadu P. Isolated hepatobiliary tuberculosis: a diagnostic challenge. Case Reports. 2018;2018:bcr-2017
- Kandasamy S, Samuel J, Raja B, Padhi R, Sadasivam S. The Pool sign in Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of Brain. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2021;48(4):553–4.
- Padhi R, Kandasamy S, Kumaran B, Kocer N, Karmadhari H. Direct Superior Ophthalmic Vein Approach to Treat Anterior Condylar Confluence Dural Arteriovenous Fistula. Neurointervention. 2021;16(3):280.
- Padhi R, Kandasamy S, Kumaran B, Bheemarao PM, Kumaran S. Endovascular Management of Iatrogenic Vertebral Artery Transection During Anterior Cervical Spine Surgery: A Case Report. Neurospine. 2021;18(1):245.
- Padhi R, Kandasamy S, Kumaran B. Three-Dimensional Intraarterial Vaso Computed Tomography Depiction of Pipeline Flex with Shield Technology Flow Diverter Stent in Ruptured Blister Aneurysm of Supraclinoid Internal Carotid Artery. Journal of Clinical Interventional Radiology ISVIR. 2021;
- Senthilvelan S, Kandasamy S, Chandrasekharan K, Thomas B, Deepti A. Unusual imaging appearance of a rare cortical ependymoma mimicking angiocentric glioma. Neurological Sciences. 2020;41(7):1935–8.
- Senthilvelan S, Kandasamy S, Menon RN, Nampoothiri S, Ramachandran H, Thomas B, et al. Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase Deficiency as a Cause of Treatable Adult-onset Leukoencephalopathy and Myelopathy. Clinical Neuroradiology. 2021;31(1):277–81.