Dr. Sadia Asif
MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine), FCPS (Rheumatology)
Specialist Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Dr. Sadia Asif has over 13 years of experience in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. She has served as an Assistant Professor, Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist in Fatima Memorial Hospital, and Mayo Hospital (King Edward Medical University) Lahore, Pakistan.
- Dr. Sadia has been a Fellow Registrar Rheumatology in Sheikh Zayed Hospital, a Senior Registrar and Medical Officer Internal Medicine at Mayo Hospital in Lahore, Pakistan
- Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Scleroderma, Vasculitis, Musculoskeletal and connective tissue diseases
- Cardiovascular and Neurological diseases.
- Hepatitis B, C, IBD
- Pulmonology and Renal diseases
Research / Publications
- Frequency & predictors of pulmonary hypertension in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus
- Cognitive impairment in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus
- Correlation of quantitative anti-dsdna level with proteinuria in systemic lupus erythematosus (rheumatological clinical)
- Clinical and serological characteristics of systemic sclerosis patients: experience from a tertiary care centre in Pakistan. (archives of rheumatology)
- Comparative efficacy of terlipressin and octreotide along with endoscopic band ligation in the management of oesophageal variceal bleeding
- ECG manifestations in dengue fever
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis b virus in blood donors at a large teaching hospital of Pakistan: a potential health policy concern. (published in journal of applied haematology)
- Prevalence and severity of stress at home among patients with rheumatoid arthritis: single centre results from the prime registry cohort (Euler abstract)
- "Takayasu arteritis: pattern of clinical and radiological features, experience from Pakistan"
- Antibiotic susceptibility of bacterial strains isolated from urinary tract infections in Pakistan, international journal of medicine
- Correlation of neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio and disease activity in patients of ankylosing spondylitis on etanercept therapy
- Combination of methotrexate and leflunomide is safe and has much better drug retention among patients with psoriatic arthritis ( Euler abstract)
- Prevalence of acanthosis Nigerians in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Exposure to major psychological trauma or stress in the preceding one year significantly contributes to poor disease control in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: single centre results from the prime registry cohort.(eular abstract)
- Safety and efficacy of combining methotrexate and leflunomide among patients with inflammatory arthropathies: findings from the prime registry.(Euler abstract)
- Nail psoriasis among patients with psoriatic arthritis is more associated with the severity of skin psoriasis than with features of severe arthritis (Euler abstract)
- Response of tocilizumab in treatment of severe to critical covid-19 patients
- Association of nafld with cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac conduction defects; a review of current literature, Hellenic journal of cardiology
- Past and future perspectives of hepatitis b and c in Pakistan; cureus journal
- Inflammatory arthritis and younger onset of lupus is associated with development of neuropsychiatric sled; experience from tertiary care centre of Pakistan, Scandinavian journal of rheumatology
- Association between energy drinks and cardiovascular events; a literature review Indian heart journal.
- Frequency of hypokalaemia in covid-19 patients