Vaccination at Home
We believe prevention is always better than cure. Basic immunizations for children and adults, and comprehensive vaccinations can be administered by Zulekha Home Care specialists in the comfort of your home. Vaccinations at home ensure lower infection rates and can be taken at your convenience.
Vaccination is a means of acquiring immunity. Immunity provides long-lasting protection against specific antigens that means against diseases. Small doses of antigen are given to activate the immune system. “Memory” (specialized white blood cells that are capable of recognizing the antigen and responding to its presence) allow the body to react quickly and efficiently to future exposure of micro-organisms before they can cause dangerous diseases.
- MMR vaccine provides protection against measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles).
- Polio vaccination provides protection against polio
- DaPT (DPT) vaccine provides protection against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough)
- HIB vaccine provides protection against hameophilus influenza Type B (major cause of spinal meningitis)
- Hepatitis B vaccine provides protection against hepatitis B virus that causes liver diseases.
- Varicella vaccine provides protection against chicken pox.
- Hepatitis A vaccine provides protection against hepatitis (commonly known as jaundice, caused due to intake of unhygienic food) which leads to liver damage, usually reversible.