Dr. Shareej. S
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DNB (Internal Medicine), MNAMS, DM (Medical Gastroenterology), SCE (Gastro) Royal college of Physicians London
- Dr. Shareej has obtained MBBS and MD in Internal Medicine from Govt Medical College Calicut Kerala.
- He completed his DNB in Internal Medicine from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 2005 and was also enrolled as member of National Academy of Medical Science (MNAMS) of National Board, New Delhi in 2005.
- Dr. Shareej completed his DM training in Medical Gastroenterology from Govt Medical College Calicut, Kerala in the year 2011.
- After finishing his post-graduation in Internal Medicine Dr. Shareej has worked at Fathima Hospital as Junior Consultant Physician in the department of Cardiology and served there for one year. Later on he joined Kerala Govt health service and worked as Assistant Surgeon and consultant physician in Govt hospitals of Waynad and Palakkad.
- He has worked as Senior Resident in Medical Gastroenterology at Govt Medical College Thrissur from October 2011 to October 2012 and gained further experience in the field of gastroenterology and therapeutic endoscopy.
- Prior to join Zulekha Hospital Dubai Dr. Shareej was working as Chief of Gastroenterology unit at Aster Al Raffah Hospital Sohar, Sultanate of Oman.
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Viral hepatitis
- Functional bowel disease
Research / Publications
- Subcapsular Hepatic Pseudocyst Case report www.gastrohep.com
- Economic impact of alcoholic cirrhosis and its disability adjusted life years
- (Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology supple march 2011)
- Clinical spectrum and prognostic factors of acute liver failure in North Kerala. (Indian J of Gastroenterology 2010;29 (supplement 1)
- Clinical profile of Hepatocellualr carcinoma in a tertiary care centre in North Kerala.(Indian J of Gastroenterology 2010;29 (supplement 1)
- Clinical profile and follow-up of patients undergoing lateral pancreaticojejunostomy for chronic pancreatitis. (Indian J of Gastroenterology 2010;29 (supplement 1)
- Pattern of presentation and resectability of Hepatocellular carcinoma in a tertiary care centre in North Kerala. (Tropical Gastroenterology 2010;Vol 31 Supplement issue