Dr. Vipin Mishra
MBBS, MD (Medicine), PhD, DM (Endocrinology), Commonwealth Medical Fellow (UK) Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Dr. Vipin Mishra has joined Zulekha Hospital, Dubai as a Consultant Endocrinologist. He has obtained the degree of MBBS in the year 1980 and MD (Medicine) with a university gold medal in 1984 from SN Medical College, Agra, India.
- He obtained PhD in Medicine from Agra University in 1991 and DM (Endocrinology) from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in the year 1992.
- Dr. Mishra worked in the UK for one year as a Commonwealth Medical Fellow from 1993 to 1994. In UK he worked at the Royal Victoria Infirmary and Freeman Hospital in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with the world authority in Diabetes & Endocrinology Prof. KGMM Alberti.
- After finishing his postgraduate medical education Dr. Mishra joined GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India on a faculty position of Assistant Professor of Medicine. In due course of time he progressed to the positions of Associate Professor and finally Professor of Medicine in the same medical college.
- Dr. Mishra joined Fortis Hospital, Noida and Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital, Vaishali, Ghaziabad in the Delhi NCR region as Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- In June 2015 he joined Jaypee Hospital, Noida as Director, Institute of Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- All types of Diabetes including Type-1, Type-2, Gestational and Monogenic Diabetes
- All types of diabetic complications
- All types of thyroid diseases including hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis (hyperthyroidism), thyroid nodules and other types of goitres
- Problems of growth and development in boys and girls including short stature, excessively tall stature and delayed, deficient or absent pubertal development (sexual maturation)
- Pituitary diseases including pituitary tumours, Acromegaly, problems of high prolactin, Diabetes Insipidus, Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of ADH (SIADH) etc.
- Adrenal gland diseases like Cushing’s syndrome, Addison’s disease, Adrenal tumours, Pheochromocytoma and Hyper and hypo-aldosteronism
- Hyper and hypo-parathyroidism
- Male and female infertility and / or sexual dysfunction due to hormonal causes
- Problems of ambiguous genitalia and gender assignment in children
- Metabolic bone diseases including osteoporosis, osteomalacia and rickets
- Rare neuro-endocrine tumours and carcinoid syndrome
Research / Publications
- Thyroid functions in ankylostomiasis. In: The Thyroid 1988, Excerpta Medica. S Nagataki, K Torizuka (eds.) Elsevier Sci. Publ. BV Amsterdam, 507 - 510.
- Endocrinal Hypertension – Current Status. Medicine Update- 2001; Ed. M Panja, 480 - 492.
- Pregnancy and Diabetes. Medicine Update- 2001; UP-API; Eds. M Joshi and VP Tripathi, 215 - 220.
- Prevention of Diabetes: Entering the realm of possibility. Medicine Update- 1998; UP-API; 84 - 86.
- Insulin Therapy in type-2 Diabetes Mellitus. Medicine Update- 2003, UP-API; 179 - 186.
- Growth Retardation. Medicine Update- 2003, UP-API; 199 - 214.
- Insulin and OHA: Days of coalition therapy. Diabetes Update- 2003, UPDA; 22 - 30.
- Hypocalcemia. Medicine Update- 2004, UP-API; 109 - 117.
- Non Pharmacological Management of Diabetes. Challenges in Clinical Practice: Clinical Medicine Update- 2014, Agra; 95 - 101
- Lifestyle Management of Diabetes. Medicine Update (API) - 2015, Volume-25; 157 – 160