Dr. Fathelrahman Elhag Edris Mohammed
MBBS, FRCS, FACS
Consultant General Surgeon - Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery
- Dr. Fathelrahman has been working in the general surgery field for more than 30 years, which ensures high level of treatment accuracy in the patient’s interest. He has been working in one of the biggest and busiest EHS facility - Al Qassimi Hospital as a Senior Consultant General Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon for the last 15 years. Furthermore, he was appointed as a Clinical Assistant Professor in UOS and extensively involved in teaching and training resident medical students.
- Dr. Fathelrahman is passionate and committed to the patient’s needs and handholds his patients through their treatment journey in a compassionate, respectful and evidence based scientific manner to attain patient satisfaction and meet their expectations.
- He has extensive experience in laparoscopic surgery. He has acquired experience in bariatric and metabolic surgery during his work in Al Qassimi hospital’s bariatric centre of excellence, training under international experts. He has earned his diploma MIS from TGO/WALS India.
- Besides being an advance laparoscopic surgeon, he is also well trained in the pre lap era and manages all general surgical cases in both emergency and elective setup using conventional methods.
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery
- Primary, revision and complications (lap sleeve, mini bypass ect)
- Hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction both laparoscopic and in conventional procedures.
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgery (spleen and adrenals)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for surgical abdominal emergencies (complicated appendicitis, cholecytitis perforated viscus and bowel obstruction)
- Minimal invasive procedures PPH for haemorrhoids and PVP for small umbilical hernia.
- Neck surgery, Thyroid, Thyroglossal cyst.