The Thoracic Surgery Department at Zulekha Hospital provides complete care to chest patients using a multidisciplinary approach for evaluation and management of chest and neck diseases, in cooperation with all relevant specialties like Pulmonology, Cardiology, General surgery, Gastroenterology, ENT, Pediatrics, Pathology, Radiology , etc. The Thoracic Surgery Department is specialized in diagnosis and in medical or surgical treatment of all the diseases of chest organs: Lung, Airways, Pleura, Pericardium, Esophagus, Thymus, Retrosternal Thyroid Goiters, Mediastinum, Chest wall, Diaphragm.
The department has excellent experience in the following surgeries and procedures:
- Thoracoscopic (VATS) and Traditional operations of the chest
- Approaching complicated infectious diseases of the lung, pleura, and mediastinum (bronchiectasis, lung abscess, empyema, Mediastinitis)
- Lung cancer surgery
- Pulmonary Metastasectomy
- Lung volume reduction surgery (COPD)
- Pneumothorax treatment/VATS operation
- Pleural effusions (Diagnostic & Therapeutic aspiration, VATS Surgical diagnosis and treatment, Decortication).
- Airways surgery (Tracheostomy, Tracheoplasty, Rigid and Flexible Bronchoscopy).
- Surgery of the mediastinum (Mediastinoscopy, Approaching Mediastinal Tumors such as Thymus and retrosternal Thyroid Goiters)
- Esophagus Surgery
- Thoracoscopic and opened pericardial window.
- Chest wall and diaphragm surgery (Tumors resection, Thoracoplasty, Repair of chest wall deformities, and repair of diaphragm eventration and hernias)
- VATS Sympathectomy for palmar & axillar hyperhidrosis
- Approaching non-cardiac Chest wall pain (Medical treatment, Nerve Blockade)
- Chest trauma cases