Nutrition & Lifestyle Management
The mission of the Nutrition and Lifestyle department is to provide high quality clinical service and the best patient service accessible in an appropriate, pleasant and safe environment where open communication is encouraged.
- Nutritional assessment and screening of in- and out- patients
- Planning the in- patients menu and modifying it for therapeutic diets.
- Planning and monitoring the diets of in and out patients with respect to their health status
- Diet counseling and education of patients
- Planning and preparing enteral tube feeds.
- Analyzing out- patient’s body composition with the Tanita Body Composition Analyzer and then prescribing the diet based on the results.
- Educating patients through distribution of brochures and handouts.
- Food service for the in- patients
- Giving Dietary Management presentations during conferences and to selected groups outside of hospital setting
- Counseling for weight loss and gain
- Providing Diabetes / Cholesterol Diet Programs